C64 DTV

Feel free to talk about any other retro stuff here including Commodore, Sinclair, Atari, Amstrad, Apple... the list goes on!
StephenHorn

C64 DTV

Post by StephenHorn »

With that SoC, I'm not holding onto hope that anyone's going to mod a keyboard interface into it.

Developer for Box16, the other X16 emulator. (Box16 on GitHub)
I also accept pull requests for x16emu, the official X16 emulator. (x16-emulator on GitHub)
BruceMcF

C64 DTV

Post by BruceMcF »

8 hours ago, StephenHorn said:

With that SoC, I'm not holding onto hope that anyone's going to mod a keyboard interface into it.

https://www.commodore-info.com/article/item/hacking_the_dtv_1/en/desktop

StephenHorn

C64 DTV

Post by StephenHorn »

2 hours ago, BruceMcF said:

I stand corrected. I truly didn't expect IEC or PS/2 signaling to be exposed in any way, shape, or form.

Developer for Box16, the other X16 emulator. (Box16 on GitHub)
I also accept pull requests for x16emu, the official X16 emulator. (x16-emulator on GitHub)
BruceMcF

C64 DTV

Post by BruceMcF »

I expect that Jeri did it because it was cool, not because the people who commissioned the design wanted those as features ... but since it did what they commissioned it to do (mostly, except for the resister value mistake in manufacturing the PAL units), they didn't worry about it.

If they asked, I would not be surprised if Jeri "explained" that it was to enable debugging so that ROMs could be patched to work with the boards if there was a hardware bug to work around ... as opposed to being there because it was cool.