Commander X16 Changes are coming!

Announcements by the development team or forum staff.
kelli217

Post by kelli217 »

4 hours ago, Terrel Shumway said:

Does someone already have a KiCAD footprint for the card edge, or a drawing so I can create one?

Since the Apple II connector is being used, I would imagine that there are probably some footprints out there, as expansion cards for the Apple II are still being made, albeit at 'boutique' scale...

Edmond D

Post by Edmond D »

I'm hoping that I'll be able to develop some hardware cards for the CX16, mainly as a hoist prototype board. I see +12,-12 and +3.3 V on the connector, but no + 5V one.  I assume that a simple 7805 regulator on the board will be retro and support all the old 5V retro logic chips that I have. 

I know there are much better regulators out there but the old 7805s are what I have in my parts bin.

Wavicle

Post by Wavicle »

8 minutes ago, Edmond D said:

I'm hoping that I'll be able to develop some hardware cards for the CX16, mainly as a hoist prototype board. I see +12,-12 and +3.3 V on the connector, but no + 5V one.  I assume that a simple 7805 regulator on the board will be retro and support all the old 5V retro logic chips that I have. 

I know there are much better regulators out there but the old 7805s are what I have in my parts bin.

VCC is +5V.

Edmond D

Post by Edmond D »

46 minutes ago, Wavicle said:

VCC is +5V.

Thanks - missed thinking about VCC when I looked at the connector. 

BruceMcF

Post by BruceMcF »

On 3/5/2021 at 8:45 PM, Dmian said:

I may be wrong, but I think there's still no public information about any PCB because there's still nothing final and things can change. So, creating any piece of hardware for the platform at the moment is not possible.

Now that some comments have brought this up toward the top of the queue, I'll note that I believe that @Kevin Williams has mentioned that they've shifted to a slot with some more pins.

It's not yet documented with the above level of detail, but they are busy working on getting key parts of the system working well, so as always, patience is in order.

RTGamer

Post by RTGamer »

I small question. Where is the CPU Clock pin or does this even have a clock signal at all? I have a board being designed right now and it requires the CPU's clock signal.

BruceMcF

Post by BruceMcF »

On 5/3/2022 at 3:39 AM, RTGamer said:

I small question. Where is the CPU Clock pin or does this even have a clock signal at all? I have a board being designed right now and it requires the CPU's clock signal.

pin19, "PHI2".

RTGamer

Post by RTGamer »

On 5/3/2022 at 1:09 AM, BruceMcF said:

pin19, "PHI2".

Thank you.