C256 Foenix "Gen X"

Feel free to talk about any other retro stuff here including Commodore, Sinclair, Atari, Amstrad, Apple... the list goes on!
martinot

C256 Foenix "Gen X"

Post by martinot »

On 10/23/2021 at 7:30 PM, EMwhite said:

She is supremely talented and passionate about everything she does in order to further and support her platform, hence the surprise or disappointment that more FMX'es are not in use.

Peri did a massive favor for the X16 community by conceptualizing and implementing this forum (I think he is the one that deserves credit for it).  Without it, many many more developers would have wandered away by now because every other aspect of platform delivery has been disappointing.

Perifractic is what made the difference between the commmunity and marketing of X16 vs Foenix. It has made all the difference for Commander X16, and this great marketing and community Perifractic has build up for X16 is what she lacks for the Foenix project. To get support for writing software you really need a great community and good marketing. She is probably a brilliant designer, but poor at communication and marketing. I really wish her all the success but she would really need someone like Perifractic. 

Doigt

C256 Foenix "Gen X"

Post by Doigt »

What's the weirdest to me is that the Foenix used to have a forum with a small, but growing, community. However, it seems it was deleted. I don't understand how you can throw away a community that helps your project live. Almost as if you want the community to stay small and insignificant.

BruceMcF

C256 Foenix "Gen X"

Post by BruceMcF »

On 1/21/2022 at 8:17 PM, Doigt said:

What's the weirdest to me is that the Foenix used to have a forum with a small, but growing, community. However, it seems it was deleted. I don't understand how you can throw away a community that helps your project live. Almost as if you want the community to stay small and insignificant.

It could be that it took a toxic turn, as can easily happen with a small forum.

codewar65

C256 Foenix "Gen X"

Post by codewar65 »

It's hard to moderate an open forum with limited active community. I think going newsletter only might be their current plan. That way, they can cherry pick issues for the next issue, while avoiding troll flames.

Calculon

C256 Foenix "Gen X"

Post by Calculon »

I never knew about the forum. The discord was the only place where I knew of any discussions.

martinot

C256 Foenix "Gen X"

Post by martinot »

On 1/22/2022 at 2:17 AM, Doigt said:

Agree, but we do not know the circumstances.

Remember that this forum would have been deleted if it not had been for extentended support from @Perifractic and voluntary members. David and 8-bit prodcutions seems to have zero interest in the forum and this site. It is all Facebook.

martinot

C256 Foenix "Gen X"

Post by martinot »

On 1/22/2022 at 8:51 AM, Calculon said:

I never knew about the forum. The discord was the only place where I knew of any discussions.

General Discussion - C256 Foenix Forum