The Commander X16 has finally arrived! video

Chat about anything CX16 related that doesn't fit elsewhere
Strider

Post by Strider »

A day later...

x16-fund.jpg.fa5360e4d2b43c3dd52f8ecc770649f6.jpg

This genuinely put a huge smile on my face when I seen it this morning! Simply amazing!

A classic geek & family man who enjoys all things retro! Computers, hardware, games, electronics, etc. Expert at nothing, professional hobbyist, and old-school blogger!
DragonGaulois

Post by DragonGaulois »

wow that was fast

DragonGaulois

Post by DragonGaulois »

On 10/13/2022 at 6:01 PM, Strider said:

A day later...

x16-fund.jpg.fa5360e4d2b43c3dd52f8ecc770649f6.jpg

This genuinely put a huge smile on my face when I seen it this morning! Simply amazing!

wow that was quick

Kalvan

Post by Kalvan »

I think at least one of those boards should go to [link removed].  This way he can resume incorporating the Commander X16 into his lessons on YouTube.

Starsickle

Post by Starsickle »

Very very happy and excited for this. As much as I'd like to have one of those (homelessness sucks!), I'd much rather have all the developers that have put a lot of time in - especially those in tool and kernel development - have theirs first. 

If there's any way I can help, I'd love to.

I would like to ask for one thing, though. An easy way to assign banks of space and then reference them. LOCATE is a powerful tool, and so is DOS. What I'd absolutely love is control over sections of managed memory. You have the memory - you have all the memory! - but the tools to use it efficiently would be a great help.

For sure - this has me turning my eye to Retrotrek again. Really can't wait to see efficient and easy methods of file IO to memory without smashing my head into memory segments.

TomXP411

Post by TomXP411 »

On 10/13/2022 at 12:21 PM, Kalvan said:

I think at least one of those boards should go to [link removed].  This way he can resume incorporating the Commander X16 into his lessons on YouTube.

While I appreciate your enthusiasm, I'm not comfortable with folks using the forum to lobby for development systems. Thanks for understanding. 

Cowasaki

Post by Cowasaki »

I really want one of the first batch too.  Maybe if it is over subscribed 100 or 200 could be made.  The reason I want one is that I am VERY interested in hardware development which, obviously, I can't do with the emulator.  I have several ideas already and it would be really good to get at least one design ready for the actual launch.  I am more than happy to build in myself if that's easier for the team.  I was a component level service engineer with Acorn 8 bit and 32 bit machines back in the late 80s and early 90s.  I have created several hardware and software products for those and also for the CPC range where I wrote 2 ROMs whilst I was still at school.

Pleeeeease.........

BruceMcF

Post by BruceMcF »

On 10/16/2022 at 5:19 PM, Cowasaki said:

I really want one of the first batch too.  Maybe if it is over subscribed 100 or 200 could be made.  The reason I want one is that I am VERY interested in hardware development which, obviously, I can't do with the emulator.  I have several ideas already and it would be really good to get at least one design ready for the actual launch.  I am more than happy to build in myself if that's easier for the team.  I was a component level service engineer with Acorn 8 bit and 32 bit machines back in the late 80s and early 90s.  I have created several hardware and software products for those and also for the CPC range where I wrote 2 ROMs whilst I was still at school.

Pleeeeease.........

Sounds like you should address this to the design team.

TomXP411

Post by TomXP411 »

On 10/16/2022 at 2:19 PM, Cowasaki said:

I really want one of the first batch too.  

Pleeeeease.........

We all do, but no one on the forum has any pull to get you one of those first 50. 

BruceMcF

Post by BruceMcF »

On 10/16/2022 at 6:43 PM, TomXP411 said:

We all do, but no one on the forum has any pull to get you one of those first 50.

I'm pretty sure I can't afford a Gen1 board, so I'm on the sidelines in this one.