Xixit

BruceRMcF

Re: Xixit

Post by BruceRMcF »

I just confirmed a vague recollection I had ... the reason this is upward compatible with C64 files is because the PET drives with two disk drives built in used LOAD"0:COPY.PRG",8 or LOAD"1:COPY.PRG",8 to specify the specific drive (in device 8) if it wasn't the current drive ...

... the 1541 supported that, even though the only drive it had was Drive 0.

So "something in front of a : character" was already supported as a prefix to a C1541/1571/1581 drive filename ... CMD was taking advantage of that, not inventing something from scratch.
Edmond D

Post by Edmond D »

BruceRMcF wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 11:59 pm I just confirmed a vague recollection I had ... the reason this is upward compatible with C64 files is because the PET drives with two disk drives built in used LOAD"0:COPY.PRG",8 or LOAD"1:COPY.PRG",8 to specify the specific drive (in device 8) if it wasn't the current drive ...

... the 1541 supported that, even though the only drive it had was Drive 0.

So "something in front of a : character" was already supported as a prefix to a C1541/1571/1581 drive filename ... CMD was taking advantage of that, not inventing something from scratch.
Having spent half a year with a SuperPet with two drives in school I should have remembered that as well. Now I'm nostalgic for my lost memories! :lol:

One of the high school labs had multiple Pets hooked up to a single dual drive unit, and I believe a shared printer as well. Has anyone worked in a similar setup?
EbonHawk

Post by EbonHawk »

Holy freakin' cow, this community amazes me. Stellar work!! :o

Oh, and please pass my compliments on to Nico1690 as well. Superb work!
mario0fan

Post by mario0fan »

Found this cool glitch if you pause the game at a certain frame

NSkimN8r

Question Re: Xixit

Post by NSkimN8r »

Hi Folks!

I have an order of operations question about the game. I was playing last night, and I had a stack on the far right building up fairly high. I had a drop come in that would allow me to break those cubes. However, the Game Over sequence triggered because the drop that was entering created a stack that was out of bounds.

That got me to wondering if the break logic should take precedence over the game over test? The break would have saved me from losing. Otherwise knocking down a high stack relies on horizontal or diagonals reducing the stack. I feel like the game should have broken the blocks and continued. I sat there thinking, "Hey, I would like to speak to the Manager please". :D
pie

Post by pie »

Hello, I got an error when playing on easy for about 10 mins.

No other settings changed.
Screenshot_1.png
Screenshot_1.png (9.31 KiB) Viewed 2975 times
voidstar

Post by voidstar »

Original version had a glitch starting at level 19. Been fixed, and saving high scores also been completed. PRG not yet updated here.