Position sprites with 12 bits instead of 10?

If you have feature requests, this is the place to post them. Please note your idea may already be something we have already discussed and decided against, or something we are working on privately, and we cannot be held responsible for any similarities in such instance. Whilst we cannot respond to every suggestion, your idea will be read and responded to where possible. Thank you for your input!
BruceMcF

Position sprites with 12 bits instead of 10?

Post by BruceMcF »

On 8/31/2020 at 10:21 PM, Johan Kårlin said:

I think that’s the answer I am looking for. I see a slight possibility to make it easier for the programmer. But from a hardware perspective it comes with a price that is not really worth to pay. You really seem to know everything about both software and hardware : ).

Far from everything ... to the extent that I am anything, I am a software hand, but I am just a dabbler taking a break from my day job. There are far better programmers than I am on this site. But early last year I did follow the experiments one fellow was doing with the Gameduino, before that design was dropped, and got a bit of a handle on how the linebuffer approach differs from the framebuffers we are so used to today.