TilemapEd, Tilemap editor for the X16

Dacobi

Re: TilemapEd, Tilemap editor for the X16

Post by Dacobi »

I just uploaded version 1.6.2 to GitHub. This version has an initial attempt at Copy/Paste.
Currently only Sprite Frames are supported, but I'm planning to enable it for Tiles as well and maybe TileMaps.

The Selection has to be rectangular. Then press "C" to copy Selection or "M" to Cut/Move. Press "V" to bring back the last Selection or "CTRL + V" to cycle all Selections.
Dacobi

Post by Dacobi »

I just uploaded version 1.6.4 where the Clipboard now has its own Dialog Window to select previous Selections.

It's still only for Sprite Frames, but I'll add a Clipboard for Tiles very soon.
Screenshot from 2023-06-20 16-30-58.png
Screenshot from 2023-06-20 16-30-58.png (53.74 KiB) Viewed 58153 times
Dacobi

Post by Dacobi »

I just uploaded version 1.6.13 which has Clipboards for TileMaps, Tiles and Sprite Frames.
Dacobi

Post by Dacobi »

I just uploaded version 1.6.21 where there's now a ProjectSetting, "File->Project->Clipboards->Save To Project" that saves the content of all Clipboards to the Project Folder.

This release breaks compatibility with all previous BrushList ".dat" files, which must either be removed manually from existing Project folders or manually updated. Check example/roadmap/tbrushes.dat for the new format. (Edit) The change is just an added field for brush elements for the Palette Offset. So adding a "0" the the end of each brush element will make them compatible with the newest version.
Dacobi

Post by Dacobi »

I just uploaded version 1.6.36.

There's now a Clipboard for the TileSet Editor. Also Clipboards have an Edit Mode.
I thought it could be a useful tool in some edit situations.

(Edit) I just uploaded version 1.6.38. I forgot to save/load TileSet Clipboard, when enabled in ProjectSettings.
Dacobi

Post by Dacobi »

I just uploaded version 1.6.42 which has a ProjectSetting for each TileMap, "Edit->TileMap Clipboard->Tile Zero Is Transparent"

When enabled the Clipboard will replace Selection Elements that are "0" with empty elements, making them transparent/not replace the target Tile.
Dacobi

Post by Dacobi »

I just uploaded version 1.6.46, which has some changes to BrushLists/Brushes.

Default max size for Brushes X/Y is now 16.
There's a separate BrushList for the Selection Editor, where the default max for Brushes X/Y is set to 8 when the Tile size X/Y is 8.
This is necessary because using Brushes larger than the Tile size will cause undefined behaviour if the Selection contains the same Tile several times in a way where a Brush element is placed on the same Tile pixel more than once.
desertfish

Post by desertfish »

this is some active development going on!
Dacobi

Post by Dacobi »

this is some active development going on!

But I'm almost out of ideas. The only thing left on my list is to make the Clipboards work on non rectangular Selections. The resulting Brush will still be rectangular, but all Brush elements that don't correspond to a Selection element will be empty elements.
ahenry3068

Post by ahenry3068 »

I've been lurking on this thread..... Most of my work here has been in BASIC. But I'm thinking of graduating :) ....lol
The tileeditor is absolutely necessary.