Pre-Order the Commander X16 Developer Edition now!

Announcements by the development team or forum staff.
Cyber

General - CX16 Pre-Order the Commander X16 Developer Edition now!

Post by Cyber »

Hi Everyone!

Several months ago we released a limited run of the X16 Developer Boards. A lot of work has been done since then, bugs fixed, and problems solved.

We are finally ready for an official release! Pre-Orders are open now!

> > > https://texelec.com/2023/10/01/pre-orde ... ition-now/ < < <

AMenard

Re: Pre-Order the Commander X16 Developer Edition now!

Post by AMenard »

Woohoo!

My pre-order is in.

System board + keyboard + mouse + extended ram.

Now to install the emulator and start coding while waiting for it to be produced and shipped.
Bill Leue

Post by Bill Leue »

I hope Texelec is keeping an accurate count of pre-orders and that we can occasionally get updates on how many units have been ordered. Getting a healthy number of pre-orders is essential to the future of the Commander X16.
-Bill
voidstar

Post by voidstar »

It's exciting times - even if the forum seems quiet! There is a lot more day-to-day discussions at the Discord.

As a reminder: you aren't charged for the order until it goes out - so you can place an order now to get in the queue (and save up and pay later).

Lazer3D cases aren't currently on pre-order right now, so that might be a hold up for some people. We don't have info on the timing of when those will re-open, but I think they want to make sure they have measurements correct for the side-slot before opening those orders back up again.

Some people may be waiting for more news and confirmation about available expansion card options (or to verify "final schematics" on what is needed to make use of those slots).
Soonlar

Post by Soonlar »

My pre order is in also.
System board + extended ram

I haven't figured out a case yet. I may build one or look for basic one with clear top panel. Looking for ideas.
xlar54

Post by xlar54 »

First time i have ever pre-ordered anything. Very cool.
mortarm

Post by mortarm »

I've pre-ordered before, but not from an independent seller. I'm admittedly a bit nervous about it, mostly about customer support, but I trust David so my hopes are high. I also pulled the trigger on getting a N-go Full (ZX Spectrum Next clone). Gotta catch'em all, gotta catch'em all!
Xyvius

Post by Xyvius »

Bill Leue wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 2:37 pm I hope Texelec is keeping an accurate count of pre-orders and that we can occasionally get updates on how many units have been ordered. Getting a healthy number of pre-orders is essential to the future of the Commander X16.
-Bill
I agree, I would like to know how many pre-orders are in also.

Any chance of this info being released?
Lycamp

Post by Lycamp »

It is a good day! My pre-order is in - system board, mouse, keyboard, 2megs of ram, power supply and pico.
I am excited.
TalosThoren

Post by TalosThoren »

Yay, my preorder is in! I didn't think I'd be able to afford one, but I can! YAY! :D