Howdy Y'all, from San Antonio!

Come in and say hi. Let us know a little about you and where you heard about the Commander X16 or this forum.
TalosThoren

General - CX16 Howdy Y'all, from San Antonio!

Post by TalosThoren »

I'm a DevOps engineer, general computer scientist, cook, musician, mycologist, and agronomist living in San Antonio, TX. I've been working mostly with z80, z180, and ez80 for some time now, seeking to build something better than the limited and very proprietary Texas Instruments graphing calculator lines.

I'm one of the founders of the ODIN Project, a project to create an Open Dedicated video INterface for the community at large. This would be like the VERA in many ways, but implemented first as an FPGA, then as an integrated circuit, or chip.

I've been working in the cloud computing space for over seven years, and have been studying low level computing and 8-bit hardware design for four years. I'm still building my expertise with the latter, but I have a wide range of experience, skills, and expertise that give me a unique perspective on how to design, deploy, and manage systems of all types.

My profession is focused mostly on GNU/Linux, and I am a strong mentor in that space. Don't hesitate to ask me Linux questions, I can usually help!
mortarm

Re: Howdy Y'all, from San Antonio!

Post by mortarm »

TalosThoren wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 1:54 am My profession is focused mostly on GNU/Linux, and I am a strong mentor in that space. Don't hesitate to ask me Linux questions, I can usually help!
Who has the better graphics drivers these days?