Hello!

Come in and say hi. Let us know a little about you and where you heard about the Commander X16 or this forum.
mjdxp

General - CX16 Hello!

Post by mjdxp »

Hello everyone, nice to meet you! I pre-ordered my X16 earlier today, and I'm very much looking forward to eventually receiving it!

Some background about me:

I've been a fan of The 8-Bit Guy for several years now, I couldn't tell you how long honestly. I love retro tech, and I've been interested in the X16 ever since David's first video about his dream computer. Most of my exposure to retro tech has been through old game consoles (the Game Boy is my all time favorite!), but I've been trying to get more into Commodore's systems lately. I've had a TheC64 Maxi for a few years (never really used it that much) and got a Commodore 128 last year (also haven't really done much with it unfortunately, my disk drive is broken and the Pi1541 I ordered broke in shipping, so I haven't had any way to load or save programs...) I'm currently a college student studying cybersecurity, and I like spending my free time tinkering with computer stuff, mainly playing with Linux. My main computer is a Framework laptop running Linux Mint Xfce. I also like playing retro games and retro styled indie games!

I'm hoping I'll get a chance to play some cool games and hopefully learn more about programming and computers in general through the X16! Also looking forward to talking with those of you on the forum, let me know if you have any questions! :)
voidstar

Re: Hello!

Post by voidstar »

Welcome! Bad luck on the Pi1541. Hope your X16 arrives soon!!

Someday - once the serial cards become more available - we always thought it would be neat for games to "upload" their high score tables to a website. But trouble is - those connections will be wide open, some teaser will upload max scores :)

But some were thinking of having a web store, for actual apps, on the X16- so some encryption/security will be needed somewhere in the system eventually.

Ha, I saw your neocities - long ago, wasn't there a site geocities? I thought it was that at first, and thought "wow is that still around!?"

Check around for VCF Schedule this year, checkout a whole conference on vintage computing that may be near your area! (there are a few across the year in different states)