Hello from the Frozen North

Come in and say hi. Let us know a little about you and where you heard about the Commander X16 or this forum.
ahenry3068

Re: Hello from the Frozen North

Post by ahenry3068 »

2005 was a bad year. Several storms capped off by Hurricane Wilma. I didn't take much personal damage from that one but it thouroughly wrecked my place of employment at the time. I got hit bad by Hurricane Irma 6 years ago. I was actually homeless and owned only what was in my Ford Expedition when I reentered the Keys after the Storm. Lost a lot of stuff that was irreplaceable. (including a lot of old code I had written through the 80's and 90's that only existed in my own personal filing cabinet.)
SolarSurfer

Post by SolarSurfer »

Dr.J wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2024 2:40 am I like a bit of mystery. :)

I'm in the continental US, but one of the northernmost parts thereof. There are actually several states that are farther north than part of Canada. I'm in one of those. :P
I'm guessing it's the only state whose name has one syllable.
Dr.J

Post by Dr.J »

SolarSurfer wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 12:31 am I'm guessing it's the only state whose name has one syllable.
That's definitely one of the valid possibilities. In the service of preserving anonymity (the Internet being the Internet), I will neither confirm nor deny any guesses -- that it's one of the states farther north than the southern tip of Ontario is as specific as I'll get (;

(Though that admittedly covers a surprisingly large number of possibilities.)