Time Pilot now with Audio

StewBC

File Download Time Pilot now with Audio

Post by StewBC »

Hi,

I decided to see if I could get PCM audio working for Time Pilot and, I have to admit, to my surprise it workes better than I expected. There are of course lots of issues with this plan since only one PCM stream can play at a time. This means that only one sound effect can play at a time which is less than ideal. But, I came up with a priority system so that the most important audio will play and bump less important sounds, and less important sounds simply won't play if a more important sound is already playing. You also get the nice intro tune and high-score music now :)

This should be replaced by a better, proper, sound effects system. Unfortunately, I don't know how to make one (yet). If anyone else wants to do this, I'd be more than happy to replace the current system - and to learn how this should be done. Please? ;)

For now though, this will have to do. Attached zip file is ready to go with 340K of PCM audio. The luancher.data folder contains the thumbnail and readme for using this with //launch.

Github for CX16 version -- all in C using llvm-mos: https://github.com/StewBC/Time-Pilot/tr ... Pilot-CX16

Thank you
Stefan
Attachments
TIME-PILOT-CX16.zip
(157.18 KiB) Downloaded 80 times
daveculp

Re: Time Pilot now with Audio

Post by daveculp »

This is awesome! Time Pilot ranks in my top 5 arcade games of all time! Thanks!