Atari2SNES

Get help from the community & developers with the X16 hardware if you can't find the solution elsewhere
danboid

Re: Atari2SNES

Post by danboid »

JimmyDansbo wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2024 5:12 pm The Power LED turns on for about half a second and then turns off again. This is the case when power is connected or when reset button is pressed.
I had quite a similar issue with one of my Uzeboxes. In my case I just needed to touch up the solder of the voltage regulator and/or one of the caps and its been working fine since.

If its not such an easy fix I'll send you another PCB.
JimmyDansbo

Post by JimmyDansbo »

I have touched up the solder in the powersupply section, but still have the same issue :(

It seems it is the Atmega that makes the power LED light up as it does light up each time the Atmega is reset. I have also measure the power and things look fine.
Not really sure where the problem is.
Visit my Github repo
or my personal site with CX16/C64/6502 related information.
Feel free to contact me regarding any of my projects or even about meeting up somewhere near Denmark
danboid

Post by danboid »

OK so its probably not my crappy soldering issue.

It would be better if we can fix your current one rather than starting over but I'm not sure what to suggest other than maybe trying reflashing the fuses if you've not done so already.

Did you end up using all of the parts specified on the BOM or did you swap a couple out? Don't answer that here though, it'd be best carrying on this discussion on the Uzebox forum and maybe someone will have a better suggestion for you.
mortarm

Post by mortarm »

JimmyDansbo wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2024 11:06 am I am thinking that it should be fairly easy to design a 3D printed box around the PCB, but I don't have a 3D printer or knowledge about how to design such things...
To design the box, you can use a number of online CAD sites; I use TinkerCAD.com, very easy to work with and will save to 3D-printer compatible files. As for printing the box, I heard that PCBway.com can do that.
danboid

Post by danboid »

No-one ever said blender was easy to learn but if you do learn it its a bit of a superpower and its probably the best option if you want to use open source software. Blender has integrated support for importing and exporting .stl files and there is a plugin for handling .3mf files. These are the two most popular file formats for 3D printer stuff.

This is the best introduction to blender video I've found and its aimed at those wanting to use it for 3D printing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rN-HMVTB7nk
danboid

Post by danboid »

Did you build a normal Uzebox or did I send you a Uzebox Omega PCB?

I can send you a Uzebox Omega 1.4 PCB and the AV din socket for free if you'd be up for building another? It might be easier than troubleshooting the other one?

EDIT

I just remembered that I've got a micro SD card socket that fits the Omega but I don't think anyone has tested using a micro SD card socket yet. I can send you that too if you want it? I'd like to know if it works but don't fancy trying to solder it myself.
JimmyDansbo

Post by JimmyDansbo »

I will happily give it a go, but I am going on 2 week summer vacation the day after tomorrow so It's going to be some time before I get to it.
Visit my Github repo
Feel free to contact me regarding any of my projects or even about meeting up somewhere near Denmark
danboid

Post by danboid »

There's absolutely no rush at all.

I presume your address hasn't changed?
JimmyDansbo

Post by JimmyDansbo »

No, still living same place in DK :)
Visit my Github repo
danboid

Post by danboid »

OK great, I have your address already then.

I was going to post the following to you today:

A Uzebox Omega 1.4 PCB with
2 x SNES connectors
1 x mini din AV socket
1 x MicroSD socket
1 x 128 Kb SPI RAM module
1 x 28 Mhz crystal

I woudn't be surprised if you already have the rest of the components required knocking about. It won't cost you much to buy any bits you don't have.

I'm currently awaiting a batch of ESP12F wifi modules so if I postpone your delivery another few days I'll also be able to send you one of those too so that you can be the first tester of the onboard wifi too, if you want to give it a shot? I say first but I know the Uzenet module works on the 1.4 PCB via the EXT header. The only time anyone has tried soldering the ESP to the PCB of the Omega was me a few weeks ago but mine had the incorrect firmware installed and I failed to flash the correct firmware so I just got it desoldered.

The ESP chip I'm sending you should have the correct firmware pre-installed, I'm told by Uze, so you have a uch better chance of success than I did.