Greetings...

Come in and say hi. Let us know a little about you and where you heard about the Commander X16 or this forum.
BigStew

Greetings...

Post by BigStew »

...From sunny Birmingham, UK. (Yes, it's raining but never mind.)

I'm Stewart, a software engineer writing commercial low level protocol drivers using C++, C, and client side stuff using the .Net framework.

My first computer was a ZX81 (with the wobbly 16K expansion pack), then I moved onto the C64 (with the dodgy power supply). For the C64 I've written BASIC extensions, an editor (looked kinda like the Turbo C++ IDE)/assembler (because I didn't any of the other assemblers I had).

I'm subscribed to Retro Recipes, and The 8-Bit Guy, and I was overjoyed to hear of the Commander X16 project. I started writing a BASIC interpreter for the X16, but stopped development when it was announced that the V2 BASIC was licensed for use. Oh well.

Perifractic

Greetings...

Post by Perifractic »

Welcome Stew! (And sorry to hear about the weather.)

How's the Cadbury factory? (I've been 3 times...)
BigStew

Greetings...

Post by BigStew »

The factory is fantastic, but I've never seen any oompa loompas working there. Most odd. (Perhaps they don't work on the weekend?)
SlithyMatt

Greetings...

Post by SlithyMatt »

What about the bunnies that lay chocolate eggs? Are they only seasonal workers?
StephenHorn

Greetings...

Post by StephenHorn »

I thought I saw in commercials that they were replacing the bunnies with some other animal. A labor issue, maybe?
Developer for Box16, the other X16 emulator. (Box16 on GitHub)
I also accept pull requests for x16emu, the official X16 emulator. (x16-emulator on GitHub)
SlithyMatt

Greetings...

Post by SlithyMatt »

17 hours ago, StephenHorn said:

I thought I saw in commercials that they were replacing the bunnies with some other animal. A labor issue, maybe?

The bunny union doesn't play around.
visrealm

Greetings...

Post by visrealm »

I can't be the only one who read the title and thought "...and welcome to another LGR... thing..." ?

Cyber

Greetings...

Post by Cyber »

@visrealm nice )