All I want for Christmas...

Talk about anything not remotely related to retrocomputing here!
EMwhite

Post by EMwhite »

My teeth are crap but I still don't want new teeth.  I want an X16 and I know that I'm not getting one this year : (

Maybe by my Birthday, we will hear news.

What are you buying yourself this year?

SlithyMatt

Post by SlithyMatt »

I'm an entirely selfless person, so the Switch and the awesome Technic Lego Corvette I bought are totally for my kids, and their enjoyment alone.

Felipe Balbi

Post by Felipe Balbi »

I've got myself a copy of C64 Programmer's Reference Guide and a new Monsters joystick. I'm planning on buying an Ultimate II+, a copy of Sam's Journey and a USB composite video capture. With these items it'll be a lot easier to use my breadbin.

Much like @EMwhite, I'm eagerly waiting for X16 ?

John Chow Seymour

Post by John Chow Seymour »

I'm also considering spending my Christmas bonus on either an Ultimate II+, or an Ultimate 64 board.

When I rescued my C64 out the trash, there were also two empty breadbin cases in there - no board, just the keyboard with top and bottom shells. So it needs a board to go in it, right Why not an Ultimate 64?

...well, because they're over USD$200.  Money well spent on such an excellent design, but on the other hand maybe I should save that money and put it in my X16 jar.  I don't want to be caught short when the Kickstarter launches.

Strider

Post by Strider »

I think I managed to get most everything I was interested in.

A new soldering iron and magnified clip-on soldering lamp, a couple 8BitDo SN30Pro wired controllers and a Mayflash F101 arcade stick for my "retro" gaming and RetroPie (Raspberry Pi 3B+). My wife also got me a smart watch with health monitoring, been wanting one of those for a while. Along with some other more "normal" things.

I also got a C64 Mini, been having a lot of fun playing with that too.

We can't forget the beer and beef jerky gift basket, somewhat of a tradition gift (along with one of those 3 flavor popcorn tins) that my wife gets me. :)

A classic geek & family man who enjoys all things retro! Computers, hardware, games, electronics, etc. Expert at nothing, professional hobbyist, and old-school blogger!