ATX voltages on expansion slots?

Get help from the community & developers with the X16 hardware if you can't find the solution elsewhere
zpekic

Post by zpekic »

Hi,

If I understand correctly, the motherboard will have ATX power supply compatible connector? If so, will some (all?) of these voltages be present on expansion slots? Having +12V is super useful for old EPROM programmers and such, +/- 12V for old RS232 etc. Also some really ancient chips use +/- 5V, +/-12V - for example imagine a 8080 test board (oh, the sacrilege!!!). What I am thinking mainly is Am9511 which takes +12V and +5V, combined with 32 reserved I/O locations would be perfect fit for an expansion board.

Lorin Millsap

Post by Lorin Millsap »

Hi,
If I understand correctly, the motherboard will have ATX power supply compatible connector? If so, will some (all?) of these voltages be present on expansion slots? Having +12V is super useful for old EPROM programmers and such, +/- 12V for old RS232 etc. Also some really ancient chips use +/- 5V, +/-12V - for example imagine a 8080 test board (oh, the sacrilege!!!). What I am thinking mainly is Am9511 which takes +12V and +5V, combined with 32 reserved I/O locations would be perfect fit for an expansion board.

Not all may be present but you can always pull from a molex connector and it’s possible to produce negative voltages if they are required.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk