Phase 1 Case FAQ

Announcements by the development team or forum staff.
StephenHorn

Phase 1 Case FAQ

Post by StephenHorn »

17 minutes ago, Perifractic said:

Funny enough an HTPC case was one of my early ideas. <Digs into the archives…>

Perifractic/Gaz Marshall

Those are some shmexy cases, to be sure. :3

Developer for Box16, the other X16 emulator. (Box16 on GitHub)
I also accept pull requests for x16emu, the official X16 emulator. (x16-emulator on GitHub)
James Anders Banks

Phase 1 Case FAQ

Post by James Anders Banks »

Safest thing is a minimalist design - just speaking generally, not saying it should be completely plain of course. It's hard to hate the Mega 65 case for example - if you hate the colour, thinking it's too beige or whatever, it could be dark gray or black - but I mean no one could find it annoying or cheap looking or tacky. Anything exciting or jazzy or however else you might see it, would excite some people but turn other people off. Or even just find it distracting. Best keep it simple. It's fun to speculate about different designs though.

twopoint71

Phase 1 Case FAQ

Post by twopoint71 »

Thanks @Perifractic for making this stuff available.  Something may still come of it yet.

BruceMcF

Phase 1 Case FAQ

Post by BruceMcF »

13 hours ago, James Anders Banks said:

Safest thing is a minimalist design - just speaking generally, not saying it should be completely plain of course. ... Best keep it simple.

Yeah, that's one reason I will definitely be a bit sad if they don't launch a CX16c with a case crowdfund. It's something that won't get me in trouble with the wife from adding to my home workdesk.

James Anders Banks

Phase 1 Case FAQ

Post by James Anders Banks »

And if it doesn't look like a spaceship, it'll be easier for kids to convince Mum and Dad they want it for doing their homework.

Davish47

Phase 1 Case FAQ

Post by Davish47 »

For myself: I plan to make a case myself out of clear plexiglas (acrylic,  whatever). I want to show off that beautiful motherboard that I will fully populate myself. 

What's the word on decals/stickers? ?

Perifractic

Phase 1 Case FAQ

Post by Perifractic »

18 minutes ago, Davish47 said:

Answered in the first post ☝️

Scott Robison

Phase 1 Case FAQ

Post by Scott Robison »

38 minutes ago, Davish47 said:

For myself: I plan to make a case myself out of clear plexiglas (acrylic,  whatever). I want to show off that beautiful motherboard that I will fully populate myself. 

As Perifractic said, it's been answered, but more to the point, if you want a plexiglass/acrylic/whatever to show off the beauty inside, it seems odd to be asking for things that would presumably be put on the exterior of said case and obscure it! ?

Davish47

Phase 1 Case FAQ

Post by Davish47 »

20 hours ago, Scott Robison said:

As Perifractic said, it's been answered, but more to the point, if you want a plexiglass/acrylic/whatever to show off the beauty inside, it seems odd to be asking for things that would presumably be put on the exterior of said case and obscure it! ?

I re-read above a bit closer, sorry I missed it ?

You do bring up a good point: the challenge of highlighting the beauty within while properly identifying on the outside is not to be overlooked. 

It is a challenge I respect and look forward to. ?

Scott Robison

Phase 1 Case FAQ

Post by Scott Robison »

Thanks for getting the point of my post. I have zero problems with people decorating their cases or making them transparent or whatever. I just thought it was amusing.