Happy (American) Thanksgiving

Talk about anything not remotely related to retrocomputing here!
Scott Robison

Post by Scott Robison »

I'm in the US, and many other people are, so Happy Thanksgiving to all of you.

Canadians, please accept this as a Happy Belated Thanksgiving.

Other countries can take this as Happy Thursday if there isn't a belated or early Thanksgiving in their timeline. ?

Justin Baldock

Post by Justin Baldock »

Right now, I will take it as happy Friday! Yay, end of the work week!

SlithyMatt

Post by SlithyMatt »

And today is perhaps the most American holiday: Black Friday. Try not to murder anyone while Christmas shopping! And if you work in retail in the US: stay strong!

Strider

Post by Strider »

We're actually doing ours on Tuesday (30th), becasue I had to work 12 hours on Thanksgiving. The joys of working in healthcare. ?

Thanksgiving is probably my favorite holiday. I love spending the day at home with my family, making the huge meal, the smell of the food filling the house.

The best part is eating so much you're in pain for the rest of t he day, but you don't care, becasue it's so good!. Oh, and leftovers! haha

A classic geek & family man who enjoys all things retro! Computers, hardware, games, electronics, etc. Expert at nothing, professional hobbyist, and old-school blogger!
Edmond D

Post by Edmond D »

On 11/29/2021 at 9:49 AM, Strider said:

Oh, and leftovers! haha

I hope you have a great day, and to others that they had a good holiday.

Leftovers is why I don't like Thanksgiving much - too many days of PTSD - "Post Turkey Stress Dining." I just buy a drumstick and it goes in one sitting. 

The deals on tech stuff is a reason to like the American holiday. Great offers and close enough to Xmas that I can usually justify an annual purchase. (Thanks again Apple!) Plus that American business make offers valid in Canada. It would be interesting to know what non North American countries get in terms of deals. 

Strider

Post by Strider »

On 11/29/2021 at 12:23 PM, Edmond D said:

The deals on tech stuff is a reason to like the American holiday. Great offers and close enough to Xmas that I can usually justify an annual purchase. (Thanks again Apple!) Plus that American business make offers valid in Canada. It would be interesting to know what non North American countries get in terms of deals. 

Cyber Monday! ?

A classic geek & family man who enjoys all things retro! Computers, hardware, games, electronics, etc. Expert at nothing, professional hobbyist, and old-school blogger!
Travis Bryant moore

Post by Travis Bryant moore »

Well For thanks giving we use to have family over. I miss the molasis cookies and crescent rolls my grandma would cook. 

ortodont

Re: Happy (American) Thanksgiving

Post by ortodont »

Thanksgiving is probably my favorite holiday.