8-Bit Halloween

Feel free to talk about any other retro stuff here including Commodore, Sinclair, Atari, Amstrad, Apple... the list goes on!
SlithyMatt

8-Bit Halloween

Post by SlithyMatt »

Anybody add any 8-bit flair to their Halloween? I carved this pixellated pumpkin: 

PXL_20201102_062208057_2.thumb.jpg.5bd6e3cca5f91a1e31248a4b158fb965.jpg

I'd love to see any other pumpkins, costumes or other decor!

StinkerB06

8-Bit Halloween

Post by StinkerB06 »

Why's the image not loading?

SlithyMatt

8-Bit Halloween

Post by SlithyMatt »

5 hours ago, StinkerB06 said:

Why's the image not loading?

Electrons went haywire? Should be showing up now.

desertfish

8-Bit Halloween

Post by desertfish »

Love your dedication @SlithyMatt ?

Halloween isn't really a thing for me and where I live ( Netherlands ) so we didn't make anything like this.

EMwhite

8-Bit Halloween

Post by EMwhite »

What the heck am I looking at?  The inside of a piece of a pumpkin? (maybe 1/6th of the diameter) that has been carved out into a spooky jack-o segment?

What program did you use to render this?

Thanks.

StephenHorn

8-Bit Halloween

Post by StephenHorn »

54 minutes ago, EMwhite said:

What the heck am I looking at?  The inside of a piece of a pumpkin? (maybe 1/6th of the diameter) that has been carved out into a spooky jack-o segment?

What program did you use to render this?

Thanks.

It looks to me like it's a cell photo snapped at night, from the outside of the pumpkin, looking at a Pacman ghost that has been carved into the pumpkin. And one of those battery-powered lights shaped like a candle has been placed inside of it.

SlithyMatt.exe is a most capable program, it seems.

Developer for Box16, the other X16 emulator. (Box16 on GitHub)
I also accept pull requests for x16emu, the official X16 emulator. (x16-emulator on GitHub)
SlithyMatt

8-Bit Halloween

Post by SlithyMatt »

1 hour ago, StephenHorn said:

It looks to me like it's a cell photo snapped at night, from the outside of the pumpkin, looking at a Pacman ghost that has been carved into the pumpkin. And one of those battery-powered lights shaped like a candle has been placed inside of it.

Either that, or the result of an AI algorithm that I spent all night on that generates pictures of carved pumpkins by playing old arcade games in emulation and picking out the most theme-appropriate image.