Renumber command

If you have feature requests, this is the place to post them. Please note your idea may already be something we have already discussed and decided against, or something we are working on privately, and we cannot be held responsible for any similarities in such instance. Whilst we cannot respond to every suggestion, your idea will be read and responded to where possible. Thank you for your input!
nighthawk1961

Renumber command

Post by nighthawk1961 »

I would love to see the Basic language in ROM somehow get a renumber command similar to the command of the same name in the Commodore 128/plus4. Coding long complex Basic programs is a lot easier (using the interactive coding style basic allows) to write if the lines can be renumbered on the fly. Also, I have tried a RENUM utility found else where on this forum, but it doesn't seem to work on v42.
EbonHawk

Re: Renumber command

Post by EbonHawk »

This was a recent post that I was directed to, when I inquired about an auto-numbering feature in the CX16's BASIC ROM. Don't know if it would work for your case or not..
viewtopic.php?t=6291
mobluse

Re: Renumber command

Post by mobluse »

There will be REN (for RENUMBER) in the next release.

"Syntax is REN [<new starting line number>, [<increment>, [<first old line number>]]]

Please SAVE before trying to renumber a program, and consider this feature experimental."

https://github.com/X16Community/x16-rom/pull/83
X16&C64 Quiz: Try It Now! Huge Char Demo: Try It Now! DECPS: Try It Now! Aritm: Try It Now!