Please make the new rom.bin from 2024 available to users as an executable rom.bin.

If you have feature requests, this is the place to post them. Please note your idea may already be something we have already discussed and decided against, or something we are working on privately, and we cannot be held responsible for any similarities in such instance. Whilst we cannot respond to every suggestion, your idea will be read and responded to where possible. Thank you for your input!
funkheld

Please make the new rom.bin from 2024 available to users as an executable rom.bin.

Post by funkheld »

Hi good afternoon.

Can you please make an improved rom.bin, here from 2024, available to all users x16 hardware and x16 emulator? This also serves as a test to suggest further improvements to the manufacturer.
I think we users are not very able to create this rom.bin from the source code. I have win11 and couldn't do it.

Thanks.
greeting
JimmyDansbo

Re: Please make the new rom.bin from 2024 available to users as an executable rom.bin.

Post by JimmyDansbo »

You can find the latest released ROM here:
https://github.com/X16Community/x16-rom/releases

If you want bleeding edge, you need to create a github account.
With that, you can download the absolute latest ROM her:
https://github.com/X16Community/x16-rom/actions
Visit my Github repo
or my personal site with CX16/C64/6502 related information.
Feel free to contact me regarding any of my projects or even about meeting up somewhere near Denmark
funkheld

Re: Please make the new rom.bin from 2024 available to users as an executable rom.bin.

Post by funkheld »

Hi good afternoon.

Thank you for the info.
there are so many clues.
x16 is already exciting and wonderful.

greeting
JimmyDansbo

Post by JimmyDansbo »

If nothing weird happens, I think there will be a new ROM release shortly. Maybe within a week :)
Visit my Github repo
or my personal site with CX16/C64/6502 related information.
Feel free to contact me regarding any of my projects or even about meeting up somewhere near Denmark
Edmond D

Post by Edmond D »

JimmyDansbo wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 6:39 pm If nothing weird happens, I think there will be a new ROM release shortly. Maybe within a week :)
Define weird :twisted:
TomXP411

Post by TomXP411 »

Edmond D wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 7:07 pm
JimmyDansbo wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 6:39 pm If nothing weird happens, I think there will be a new ROM release shortly. Maybe within a week :)
MooingLemur being beamed by aliens.

Commodore coming back from the dead and buying out the Commander X16.

Elvis returning from his 29 Planets tour and performing a "Welcome back to Earth" concert.
ahenry3068

Post by ahenry3068 »

TomXP411 wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 8:12 pm
Edmond D wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 7:07 pm
MooingLemur being beamed by aliens.

Commodore coming back from the dead and buying out the Commander X16.

Elvis returning from his 29 Planets tour and performing a "Welcome back to Earth" concert.
MooingLemur beamed away by aliens, as they return Elvis who use's his "Welcome Back to Earth" concert to finance the revival of Commodore Computers. :mrgreen:
mortarm

Post by mortarm »

Gentlemen, seeing as this is the Bug Reporting forum, this discussion would be better suited elsewhere, the Lounge perhaps.
Edmond D

Post by Edmond D »

mortarm wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 5:23 am Gentlemen, seeing as this is the Bug Reporting forum, this discussion would be better suited elsewhere, the Lounge perhaps.
What if the aliens were bugs (see the movie Starship Trooper? But then again Elvis was a good lounge singer.

Ask TomXP411 to move this thread to there - he's the lead admin of these forums.
mortarm

Post by mortarm »

I think he knows. ;)