Hi From New Bern North Carolina

Come in and say hi. Let us know a little about you and where you heard about the Commander X16 or this forum.
Andy Petrie

Hi From New Bern North Carolina

Post by Andy Petrie »

I'm Andy. My first work computer was an Altair 8800, when I worked for Texas Instruments in late 1973. In college My favorite computer was a Rockwell AIM 65. I don't talk about Mini's and Main Frames. You see I have a love affair with computers I can put my arms around. Anyway, in February 82 I purchased my first home computer a Sinclair ZX81 kit. That Xmas my wife bought me a VIC 20, boy that was a mistake on her part, she was really mad when a few months later I walked in the door with a C64. She wouldn't let me buy another computer, so I started a business integrating audio, video and computers into video production and postproduction systems. My company went out of business in 1990 so I started consulting and worked in IT until I retired in 2018. At that time, I had 150 computers and their accessories in my attic. Well, we downsized and moved to North Carolina. I was able to sneak my Sinclair and Amiga collections into the moving van. I think I miss my C64 the most, not shure where that went. Since then, my collections have grown again. I have more Raspberry Pi's.. I've been watching the X16, Sinclair Spectrum Next and MEGA65 since their inception. This year I decided to focus on these three computers. I bought an N-GO Spectrum Next clone (not big on Kickstarters), the MEGA65 is on pre-order and my Commander X16 will arrive on Monday. My sons and I are planning to create some games for all three computers and I hope I will get better in front of a camera to start creating YouTube videos about them. I have a lot to learn. Now if I can only get the programming toolchain to work :D
Commander X16, Sinclair ZX Spectrum Next and MEGA65. Modern Retro all the way
desertfish

Re: Hi From New Bern North Carolina

Post by desertfish »

Hi, welcome!

There are several possible toolchains so you'll have to be a bit more specific if you run into trouble!